DATE: 1, 2 and 3 March, 2023.
LANGUAGE during the course: English.
Online platform: Google Meet.
Storytelling through Visual Development
Portfolio reviews: Email me during/after the workshop and I’ll schedule a time with you!
- Lecture: Storytelling
- Sketching/composition – how to use perspective, camera angles, and values to tell a story and frame a shot
- Sequential art – how do the two key moments relate to each other, and how to highlight the difference/progression between them
- Demo: Ideation
- Sketching thumbnails with line and value
- Homework review
- Lecture: Color and Light
- Color theory – relative color, hue + saturation, types of light + shadow, stylization
- Storytelling – how to use color and light to emphasize the mood and atmosphere of the story moment
- Demo: Color Keys
- Painting base colors, using blending modes and adjustment layers
- Testing different color palettes and times of day
- Homework review
- Lecture: Painting and Rendering
- Painting techniques – textures and materials, edge control, nature vs manmade, rendering light
- Developing your own style – how to push past realism and develop your own workflow and painting style
- Demo: Final Illustration
- Finishing the painting process, showing the way I use different brushes + brush settings to achieve different looks
What happens if I can’t see the classes live one day?
• No problem. All classes are live but will also be recorded and posted on our platform. So you can see them whenever you want throughout the duration of the course. This means that if you cannot attend your class live at the stipulated time, you will be able to see them on the platform until the end of the course. These video-classes posted on the platform can be viewed unlimitedly during the duration of the course but cannot be copied or downloaded. They can also be viewed for 6 months once the course is over.
When can I see the classes I did not attend live?
• Access to the virtual platform where you can consult all the information or documentation of the course, access all the classes that have already been taught or the proposed exercises.