DATE: 28, 29 & 30 April, 2023.
LANGUAGE during the course: English.
Online platform: Google Meet.
“Digital painting for animation – How to tell a story through colorkeys and texture paint“.
I’ll share my experiences, painting techniques, and we’ll see together how to use color and light to render a character and place them in an environment.
–Introduction, my experience in animation. I’ll go through my portfolio and my work experiences in 3D feature films.
-The role of an artist in animation: how our art is needed in a production, and what are the roles available for artists.
-Touching-base on Concept Art: if the students are familiar with this I’ll be brief.
–Live demo, let’s paint a character
–Portfolio review, if time allows it.
-Art is communication: how to use visual storytelling to support the director’s vision of the movie.
–Colorscript and Colorkeys: what is their purpose and how to create one from a storyboard.
–How to use references to feed creativity and to avoid generic art.
–Live demo, let’s paint a movie shot.
–Portfolio review, if time allows it
-I’d like to keep the last day more flexible and interactive.
–Questions from the previous days that didn’t get a chance to be asked.
–What do you want to talk about? Let’s take a chance to go deeper into any of the topics from the first 2 days
-Here’s some topic examples of what we could discuss.
- Concept art – how to design a character or a set
- How to apply for an animation job – what to expect
- Feature film production – why an animation movie takes up to 3-4 years to make, and how our artist job evolves in this time
- Photoshop techniques – how to master this software, tips and tricks
- Light and Volume principles – how to improve our painting skills.
- Colorkeys – more in depth
- Texture paint – more in depth
- Portfolio review – how to improve our portfolio pieces, and how to present them effectively
-Some of these would be supported with demos, other topics are more Q&A style.
What happens if I can’t see the classes live one day?
• No problem. All classes are live but will also be recorded and posted on our platform. So you can see them whenever you want throughout the duration of the course. This means that if you cannot attend your class live at the stipulated time, you will be able to see them on the platform until the end of the course. These video-classes posted on the platform can be viewed unlimitedly during the duration of the course but cannot be copied or downloaded. They can also be viewed for 20 days once the course is over.
When can I see the classes I did not attend live?
• 24-hour access to the virtual platform where you can consult all the information or documentation of the course, access all the classes that have already been taught or the proposed exercises. When, where and at the rate you want.
There are no reviews yet.