ILLUSTRATION WORKSHOP with Iraville.
DATE: 14 & 15 May, 2022.
Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 16:00 to 20:00.
DURATION: 16 hours.
LANGUAGE: English and spanish.
PLACE: La Galería Roja. C / Peral, 10. Alameda de Hércules. 41002, Sevilla.
The workshop will focus mainly on watercolor painting in an illustrative way, from first ideas, sketches, via thumbnails and color roughts to the final illustrations, including composition, contrasts, shapes, light & shadow, negative space, using and mixing colors, techniques, tools and digital editing. And of course I will also discuss individual questions from participants.
– Artist- or good Student-watercolors. A 12 color-set is more than enough (e.g. Schmincke, Sennelier, Winsor & Newton, Mijello)
– A sketchbook or sketch paper for sketching and thumbnails
– Standard watercolor paper for color tests, color roughs, and experiments
– Good watercolor paper for final illustration (e.g. Saunders Waterford, Arches, Fabriano Artistico hot pressed or cold pressed)
– Masking fluid / Liquid fristet (e.g. Schmincke) & drawing gum
– cheap brushes for masking fluid
– Pencil, sharpener, eraser
– 2 cups / glasses for painting water & a mixing palette
– pointy round watercolor brushes in different sizes (e.g. Escoda, da Vinci, Raphael) or other brush shapes you like to use
– good quality colored pencils or watercolor pencils (set of about 24 colors or your favourite colors you want to use, e.g. Faber Castell “Polychromos”, Caran d’ache “Pablo” / “Luminance”, Prismacolor “Premier”)
– masking tape for fixing loose watercolor paper
Optional, if you want:
– graphite paper & transparent paper for transferring
– Computer / pen tablet / pencil display for the digital part (digital editing, maybe also for digital esketching / composing)
– and of course all materials / tools you enjoy to use.
LIMITED PLACES. 16 max.