DATE: 17, 18 & 19 November, 2023.
LANGUAGE during the course: English.
Online platform: Google Meet.
- Introduction: In this workshop, I will share my journey as a professional concept artist, from working as an environment designer in the video game industry in France to creating color keys for feature films in the animation industry in Canada.
- Through lectures on the core ingredients of image making, we will discuss:
- Understanding Value Structure: Learn how to create strong visual compositions using values effectively.
- Efficient Composition: Explore principles for arranging elements in an image to enhance storytelling and visual impact.
- Color and Light Theory: Dive into the principles of color theory and how light affects the mood and atmosphere of an image.
- Finding Creativity and Developing Your Artistic Style:
- Connecting with Your Story: Understand how personal experiences can shape and define your artistic voice.
- Overcoming Creative Blocks: Discover techniques to unlock your creativity when facing challenges.
- Adding Life to your Environments and overcome challenges:
- Infusing Life into Environments: Learn how to bring depth and storytelling to your creations.
- The Power of Simplification: Explore methods to tackle intricate designs by breaking them down into manageable elements.
- Color Script:
- Color Script and Advanced Light and Color Concepts: Further explore the use of color and light to evoke emotions and narrative in your art.
- Day 3: Streamlining Your Process and Turning pro + Portfolio review
- Perspectives on Career Development and balancing personal and professional projects.
- Tools and Hacks for Efficiency:
- Photoshop Plugins and 3D Tools: Discover tools and techniques to streamline your workflow.
- Brush setting and rendering technique
- Portfolio Reviews:
- One-on-One Portfolio Review: Receive personalized feedback on your portfolio, helping you identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Video and Live Demonstrations: I will showcase my process through video recordings and live demo, providing insights into my approach to the discussed principles.
- Q&A Session.
- Specific Exercises and a Class Project to apply the concepts learned throughout the workshop.
- Student’s work Review: Receive constructive critiques on your work.
- Participation and Engagement: Actively participate during lectures and exercises to maximize your learning experience.
- Photoshop: I will use Photoshop for all demonstrations, but you are free to use any software of your choice.
- Blender (optional): Towards the end of the workshop, we may explore Blender for specific purposes.
The Workshop is specifically tailored for students who possess an intermediate to advanced level of digital painting skills and knowledge. Please note that this is not a beginner class.
Workshop will be fully in English but personal feedbacks can be provided in French.
What happens if I can’t see the classes live one day?
• No problem. All classes are live but will also be recorded and posted on our platform. So you can see them whenever you want throughout the duration of the course. This means that if you cannot attend your class live at the stipulated time, you will be able to see them on the platform until the end of the course. These video-classes posted on the platform can be viewed unlimitedly during the duration of the course but cannot be copied or downloaded. They can also be viewed for 6 months once the course is over.
When can I see the classes I did not attend live?
• Access to the virtual platform where you can consult all the information or documentation of the course, access all the classes that have already been taught or the proposed exercises.