DATE: 6, 7 & 8 October, 2023.
LANGUAGE during the course: English.
Online platform: Google Meet.
ONLINE WORKSHOP//How to lay down a quick effective 2D concept design for ArtDirectors// with Oscar Römer
How to lay down a quick effective 2D concept design for ArtDirectors.
- Quick Introduction of myself.
And a quick presentation of what i do and why i like doing it.
I will present an design problem for myself and the students.
- A character with different elements to combine and a main direction to convey, this will be for example, “the character must evoque confidence, insecurity, must be grounded in reality or not”
- Certain elements are mandatory to be in the design, Example: The Character must carry a musical instrument.
- Design philosophy- Research and execution.
- I will be drawing at the same time and will explain layer use, modifying layer use, drawing and perspective.
Materials: Photoshop or any other software you like for designing like Procreate.
Note book and pen for receiving feedback. Or anything that works
We should be able to finalise the visual pillars of a character and have a better understanding lf what matters when we are designing. Students should have a good idea on how to tackle briefs in a flexible way by the en of the workshop.
What happens if I can’t see the classes live one day?
• No problem. All classes are live but will also be recorded and posted on our platform. So you can see them whenever you want throughout the duration of the course. This means that if you cannot attend your class live at the stipulated time, you will be able to see them on the platform until the end of the course. These video-classes posted on the platform can be viewed unlimitedly during the duration of the course but cannot be copied or downloaded. They can also be viewed for 20 days once the course is over.
When can I see the classes I did not attend live?
• Access to the virtual platform where you can consult all the information or documentation of the course, access all the classes that have already been taught or the proposed exercises.