DATE: 23, 24 & 25 June, 2023.
LANGUAGE during the course: English.
Online platform: Google Meet.
ONLINE CHARACTER DESIGN WORKSHOP WITH CARLOS LUZZI at GALERIA ROJA
A three-day workshop with Carlos Luzzi.
Carlos Luzzi is an animation artist who has worked on films and series such as Maya and the Three, Klaus, Mary Poppins Returns, The Book of Life, and many others. His work captures the classic Disney style while infusing it with a modern touch.
This workshop aims to teach artists the fundamentals of drawing and designing characters for animation.
During the workshop, we’ll explore techniques for drawing dynamic characters with expressive lines and how to use real-life observation and pose language to communicate personality and character through pose. Carlos will share his professional approach to character creation, which involves exploring poses, researching, and finishing up designs.
There will be Q&A sessions, proposed exercises, and feedback on students’ work produced during the workshop.
DRAWING THE POSE
- Gesture drawing for animation
- Drawing from life: Animators learn by observing the world and people around them
- Character acting
- A pathway for a loose drawing
DEMO: Quick sketches
- Line of action
- Where’s the weight?
- Gravity, balance, and force
- Straights vs. curves
- Shape and form
- Avoiding tangents and parallels
DEMO: Drawing / Exploring character poses
Q&A and feedback
- Clarity and Storytelling
- Using your feeling for drawing a pose
- Using references for drawing a pose
- Troubleshooting your drawings
- From rough to refining stages
- Using references for character design
- Developing a MIND LIBRARY
- Visual solutions
DEMO: Finishing up a character design
Q&A and feedback
Recommended materials: sketchbook, pencils, and markers or digital (Photoshop or any preferred drawing digital tool)
This workshop is intended for: Artists of all levels interested in character design.
— end —
What happens if I can’t see the classes live one day?
• No problem. All classes are live but will also be recorded and posted on our platform. So you can see them whenever you want throughout the duration of the course. This means that if you cannot attend your class live at the stipulated time, you will be able to see them on the platform until the end of the course. These video-classes posted on the platform can be viewed unlimitedly during the duration of the course but cannot be copied or downloaded. They can also be viewed for 20 days once the course is over.
When can I see the classes I did not attend live?
• 24-hour access to the virtual platform where you can consult all the information or documentation of the course, access all the classes that have already been taught or the proposed exercises. When, where and at the rate you want.
There are no reviews yet.