DATE: 9, 10 and 11 December, 2022.
LANGUAGE during the course: English.
Online platform: Google Meet.
ONLINE WORKSHOP with David Masson San Gabriel.
Costume and Character Design for Feature FIlm and Television
I will be taking you through the process of creating from scratch a character and costume made for a feature film or television show. I will share my entire process, from initial ideation, to the final rendering and detailing of the character as I share my experience working in the industry.
– Introduction to the course and sharing my journey in the movie industry.
– The ideation and design process, going through references, analyzing the brief/script and requirements of the costume
– Initial brainstorming of ideas by sketching
– Understanding different types of workflows for different designs.
– How to use 3D in the most efficient way
– Preparing your renders
– How I use photoshop in combination with 3D
– Portfolio reviews
Laptop/home computer with Photoshop, Zbrush, and a rendering software(Keyshot, Blender etc).
Pencil/pen with a sketchbook or paper to sketch
What happens if I can’t see the classes live one day?
• No problem. All classes are live but will also be recorded and posted on our platform. So you can see them whenever you want throughout the duration of the course. This means that if you cannot attend your class live at the stipulated time, you will be able to see them on the platform until the end of the course. These video-classes posted on the platform can be viewed unlimitedly during the duration of the course but cannot be copied or downloaded. They can also be viewed for 20 days once the course is over.
When can I see the classes I did not attend live?
• 24-hour access to the virtual platform where you can consult all the information or documentation of the course, access all the classes that have already been taught or the proposed exercises. When, where and at the rate you want.