ILLUSTRATION WORKSHOP with Airi Pan
DATE: 9, 10 and 11 December, 2022.
SCHEDULE: Friday from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Spanish time)
Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Spanish time)
DURATION: 18 hours.
PLACE: La Galeria Roja. Calle Peral, 10. 41002, Seville.
LANGUAGE during the workshop: Spanish and English.
Airi will walk through her personal process and inspirations, and speak in detail each step.
- Find the inspiration for your character!
- How to do the research, and what are some of the best resources for references
- Thumbnailing and sketching, and what makes good design? What are some common mistakes?
- Lineart, favorite brushes, and posing!
- Colors, how to generate pleasing palettes each time
- Final touches, bring life to your character
Day 02: Creating a character together
- Now it’s your turn, and now, we’ll make a character together
- Airi will be there to mentor each step of the way
- As the day goes on, Airi will also share inspirations
- We’ll go over all the workshop students’ work and review it
- Talk about what works, and what doesn’t, and what to improve for next time
- One should be able to leave the workshop with a finished character design, and knowledge on how to make characters for the future as well
Airi will be using:
- A sketchbook and pencil and markers
- A digital tablet and laptop
- Adobe Photoshop
- VERY recommended: A sketchbook
- VERY recommended: A laptop and tablet with their drawing program of choice. (Clip Studio, Photoshop, etc)
- If a student does not have digital drawing, paper, pens, and colored pencils or paints, is encouraged.
- A good character design can be made via many methods, as long as the student can draw and color to their satisfaction!